There are many reasons you should visit a dentist in Laguna Niguel for your yearly dental cleaning. A beautiful smile is just one of them. Yearly cleanings from an oral care professional are a necessary way to maintain oral health and overall health. Studies have found that poor oral health can be linked to cardiovascular disease, bone loss, stroke, cancer, and other health problems. Regular flossing and brushing are integral to maintaining oral health throughout the year but professional cleanings are the only way to remove calcified plaque. There are many other benefits to visiting your dentist at least once a year. Here is a list of reasons for keeping up with your dental cleanings:
- You can maintain a beautiful smile. When you attend regular cleanings at your dentist, you will be able to maintain a whiter smile. Oral care professionals are equipped to clean your teeth more thoroughly, which will help remove or minimize stains and discoloration that you accumulate over time.
- You can prevent gum disease. By having your teeth professionally cleaned, you significantly reduce your chances of developing gum disease. Poor oral health can cause or exasperate gum issues, thereby making someone more likely to require dentures, dental implants, or other dental procedures from Orange County clinics to restore their smile.
- You can spot issues before they become serious. According to an oral surgeon in Mission Viejo Ca, every hour a person dies from oral cancer, which could be detected in a routine dental cleaning. Visiting your oral care professional every year ensures that any potential issues are spotted before they develop into something incurable.
- You can maintain your overall health. Experts have found a strong correlation between gum disease and cardiovascular disease. So, a yearly cleaning will not only benefit your oral health but it will also help maintain your general bodily health. Statistically, your risk of heart attack and stroke significantly decreases when you visit your dentist once or twice a year to have your teeth professionally cleaned.
- You can prevent certain dental emergencies in the future. By attending your regular dentist appointments, you minimize the risk of dental problems in the future. For example, your dentist may notice that one of your fillings is broken and needs to be replaced or that you have a fracture in your tooth. Once they spot this, they will be able to take care of the issue in a timely manner so that it does not plague you later.
- You can watch your progress. Once you have an established relationship with an oral care professional, you will have a more personalized approach to your dental care. Knowing your health history allows dentists to better understand the current state of your oral health and what will improve it.
If you want to take better control of your oral health, then make sure to schedule your yearly appointment with an oral care professional. Fortunately, many dental plans will cover a yearly dental cleaning and only charge for additional procedures and appointments. If you require additional dental services, then your dentist’s office will make financial arrangements with you so that it’s as convenient and feasible as possible.